TERMS & PRIVACY
This Terms of Service Agreement is a legally binding contract.
By providing your email address or continuing to use any of our services, you acknowledge that you have read this Agreement, understand it, and agree to be bound by it.
If you do not agree to any of the terms below, YouthSkillsConnect, registered as "YouthSkillsConnect International" is unwilling to grant you access to its services or those areas of its web site that are open to its clients. If you are unwilling to accept ALL of the terms of this Agreement, you should not create an account and you should exit the web site.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
YouthSkillsConnect provides various services ("Services") intended to assist individuals in their professional development. Users of the service provide the information necessary for accomplishing various functions (depending on the service(s)). You are responsible for maintaining your own access to the internet. YouthSkillsConnect is a privately-owned and operated service and does not represent or speak for any governmental office or authority.
OWNERSHIP OF MATERIAL
YouthSkillsConnect and/or its vendors and suppliers, as applicable, retain all right, title and interest in and to the Service, the Site and all information, content, software and materials provided by or on behalf of YouthSkillsConnect. Except for the use of publicly available forms and information which you obtain from sources other than YouthSkillsConnect, you agree that you will not copy, reproduce, distribute or create derivative works from any information, content, software or materials provided by YouthSkillsConnect, or remove any copyright or other proprietary rights notices contained in any such information, content, software or materials without the copyright owner's prior written consent.
Your feedback is welcome and encouraged. You agree, however, that
(i) by submitting unsolicited ideas to YouthSkillsConnect, you automatically forfeit your right to any intellectual property rights in such ideas; and
(ii) unsolicited ideas submitted to YouthSkillsConnect or any of its employees or representatives automatically become the property of YouthSkillsConnect.
III. SPECIFICALLY REGARDING YSC VOICE
The following Terms of Service apply to your use of this Network. You are solely responsible for your conduct and your content on the Network and compliance with these terms. By registering with us or using or browsing this Network, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms. This Network is not directed to anyone younger than 16 and is offered only to users 16 years of age or older. Any person who provides their personal information through this Network represents that they are 16 years of age or older.
You agree that you will not post, email or make available any content or use this Network:
- In a manner that infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party's intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights;
- in a manner that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to engage in spamming, "chain letters," "pyramid schemes", advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services, or other advertising or marketing activities that violate these Terms of Service, any applicable laws, regulations or generally-accepted advertising industry guidelines;
- in a manner that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
- in a manner that is libelous or defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or invasive of another's privacy;
- in a manner that is harmful to minors in any way;
- in a manner that is hateful or discriminatory based on race, color, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable;
- to impersonate any other person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to this Network without authorization;
- to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Network or prevent others from using this Network, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to this Network, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons' ability to use this Network;
- to use any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage any user's account or to monitor or copy this Network or the content contained therein;
- to facilitate the unlawful distribution of copyrighted content;
- in a manner that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent;
- in a manner that employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through this Network or to users; and
- in a manner that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if emailed to users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- "Stalk" or otherwise harass anyone;
- Collect, use or disclose data, including personal information, about other users without their consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
- Request, solicit or otherwise obtain access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any member of this Network or to proxy authentication credentials for any member of this Network for the purposes of automating logins to this Network;
- Post any content containing child pornography to this Network;
- Post any content that depicts or contains rape, extreme violence, murder, bestiality, incest, or other similar content;
- Post any content that constitutes pornography, contains nudity, or is adult in nature.
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from this Network - except for Internet search engines (e.g. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file, or "well-behaved" web services/RSS/Atom clients. We reserve the right to define what we mean by "well-behaved";
- Post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Network's infrastructure;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to our computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, this Network;
- Use this Network as a generic file hosting service;
- Take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of this Network or for using it for purposes unrelated to this Network); and
- Develop, invoke, or utilize any code to disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of this Network.
You agree not to authorize or encourage any third party to use this Network to facilitate any of the foregoing prohibited conduct. You also agree that these Network Terms of Service inure to the benefit of our service providers (including our Network platform provider) and that they may take action (including the removal of your content and disabling of your account) in order to maintain compliance with these Network Terms of Service. Technology and hosting for aspects of this Network are provided by this Network's online service provider. However, YouthSkillsConnect as owner of YSC Voice controls the content, membership and policy of this Network, including those pages served by such service provider on behalf of this Network. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, by participating on this Network you agree to indemnify and hold harmless such service provider on all matters related to your interaction with others using this Network and participation with this Network.
WARRANTY & SECURITY
The service, and all information, content, and materials related to the foregoing, are provided "as is." except as expressly stated in this agreement, YouthSkillsConnect disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, non-interference, system integration and accuracy of data. YouthSkillsConnect does not warrant that use of the service will be uninterrupted, error-free or virus free. Although information that you submit may be password protected, YouthSkillsConnect does not guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the site and you agree to assume the security risk for any information you provide through the site.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
In no event shall YouthSkillsConnect or its affiliates be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential or special damages, or for loss of profits or damages arising due to business interruption or from loss or inaccuracy of information, to the extent any of the foregoing arises in connection with this agreement or your use or inability to use the service, and/or the site, whether or not such damages were foreseeable and even if YouthSkillsConnect was advised that such damages were likely or possible. In no event will the aggregate liability of YouthSkillsConnect to you for any and all claims arising in connection with this agreement, the site, or the service, exceed the total fees paid to YouthSkillsConnect by you during the six-month period preceding the date of any claim. You acknowledge that this limitation of liability is an essential term between you and YouthSkillsConnect relating to the provision of the service to you and YouthSkillsConnect would not provide the service to you
MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICES
YouthSkillsConnect reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Service with or without notice to you. In the event of such modification or discontinuation of the Service, your sole remedy shall be to terminate the Service and to receive a refund of any amounts paid by you to YouthSkillsConnect for any service that was not delivered to you. Continued use of the Service following notice of any such changes will indicate your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes and satisfaction with the Service as so modified.
MODIFICATION OF TERMS
YouthSkillsConnect may change the terms of this Agreement from time to time. YouthSkillsConnect is not obligated to notify you. All changes will be made by posting notice of the changes on the Site. Any such changes will become effective when notice is received or when posted on the Site, whichever first occurs. If you object to any such changes, your sole recourse will be to terminate this Agreement. Continued use of the Service or the Site following notice of any such changes will indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by such changes.